[30 Min Live Discussion with Expert] on ‘Trends and Practices in Performance Management’; 3:30 to 4:00PM, May 5th, 2023

Mr. Om what are the trends that will shape performance management in 2023 and beyond?

6 Likes

Excellent Question @Gowri. The future appears to be bright. I see our HR Fraternity making the cut to redefine their being. They are finding meaning in their work as architects that design and deliver a human capability agenda that creates value for all stakeholders. Similarly, Customers, Businesses have transformed. As a result, the need of being futuristic on PMS front is to be Human Capability development oriented. Which is forever development agenda than being reactive. It begins with looking at people and strong data sets very clearly and working on models that develop human capability than a skill

6 Likes

What are the best practices organizations should follow for performance management?

5 Likes

@Anisha The biggest struggle I see mostly in India is:

• Following a timeline driven approach

• Invest in communicating What, why, How, Who and Whom of your PMS approach and platform through means of workshops, TTTs, Feedback, Learning etc

• Have a common approach to it at broad level

5 Likes

Sir, What are the common challenges faced while using performance management tools and the solutions for the same?

4 Likes

Any tools introduction, upgrade, or change in it calls for a “Change Management” approach to enable its acceptance and adoption. However, due to conflicting priorities, if these steps are compromised, people at large do not understand the very purpose of tool and thereby struggle to give meaningful inputs.

Secondly, selection of approach/tool must be relevant to the population it is supposed to cater, there must be UATs to validate it.

Thirdly, the data points that need to flow into the system to enable objective assessments is important. Missing this aspect kills the whole purpose and becomes my vs my manager’s version of performance review

4 Likes

How does performance management help HR leaders improve employee engagement?

3 Likes

As I mentioned in my first reply, Employees work for an organization that has great reputation, where the work they do, gives them certain level of autonomy while contributing to org level objectives and of course earn money.

They are our internal brand bearers to the outer world. In a way, they build organizational reputation. Which means, if they are able to understand:

1. What is expected out of them
  2. They have means (tools) to achieve them
  3. The PMS process enables insight that empowers them to take calls about their own development
    Most importantly they understand the whole process, objectives and means to achieve them clearly - will make them engaged
3 Likes

Thank you so much Mr. Om ( especially extending to address so many user queries after the scheduled session time) You are awesome!

It was very insightful, informative and knowledgeable for all. It was indeed a great session of abundance of knowledge on performance management. Thank you for creating an amazing experience for our members.

Community members, in case there are any unanswered questions, please post it in the thread or in the community directly, our experts will guide you with your doubts.

We are thankful to each and everyone who attended, liked and viewed the session.

So, we are now coming to a close to this edition of LIVE discussion with the expert on the greytHR community. This thread will always be available for reference.

Closing now. See you in the next LIVE soon!

3 Likes

Thanks Kaulin. I am reachable to all here, https://www.linkedin.com/in/omnarayans/

3 Likes

Thank you @om.narayans , Hope to see you soon in another exciting session of Greytribe Live.

Community Manager.

3 Likes