Do you know? - World Braille Day 💡

World Braille Day: A Celebration of Inclusivity and Empowerment :earth_africa::handshake:

Celebrated annually on January 4th, World Braille Day isn’t just about recognizing a writing system; it’s about acknowledging the vast potential it unlocks :star2:.

World Braille Day emphasizes the importance of accessibility and independence for people who are blind or visually impaired :man_walking::eye:. It advocates for the integration of Braille into various aspects of daily life, including technology, public signage, and literature, ensuring inclusivity in society :books::calling:.

This system, invented by Louis Braille in the 19th century, has been a revolutionary tool in providing equal opportunities for education and employment to the visually impaired community :mortar_board::briefcase:.

So, what is Braille?

Braille is a tactile writing system, consisting of raised dots that represent letters, numbers, and punctuation marks, enabling blind or visually impaired individuals to read through touch :point_right::capital_abcd:. By translating letters, numbers, and punctuation into touchable patterns, Braille enables seamless reading and writing, bridging a crucial gap in communication :bridge_at_night::open_book:.

Through Braille, people with visual impairments are connected to the world in ways that were once unimaginable, proving that accessibility is key to empowerment and inclusivity :muscle::globe_with_meridians:.

Influential Figures in the World of Braille :star2:

1. Louis Braille : The inventor of Braille himself, Louis Braille was a French educator who lost his sight due to an early childhood accident. He developed the Braille system at the young age of 15, which later became a universally accepted method of reading and writing for people with visual impairments :books:.

2. Helen Keller : An American author, political activist, and lecturer, Helen Keller was the first deaf-blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree. She was an avid user of Braille and became a prominent advocate for people with disabilities, inspiring countless individuals worldwide :speaking_head::books:.

3. T.V. Raman : A computer scientist who lost his sight at the age of 14, Dr. Raman has been instrumental in enhancing technology accessibility. He developed audio systems for reading electronic texts, making the digital world more accessible for those who rely on Braille :computer::loud_sound:.

4. Shekhar Naik - Shekhar Naik is a former captain of the Indian Blind Cricket Team. Under his captaincy, the team won the 2012 T20 World Cup and the 2014 Blind Cricket World Cup. His contributions to sports in India are highly commendable :cricket_bat_and_ball::trophy:.

5. Pranjal Patil - India’s first visually impaired woman IAS officer, Pranjal Patil has broken barriers in the Indian Administrative Service, serving as a beacon of inspiration for many. Her journey to becoming an IAS officer, despite the challenges posed by her visual impairment, is a testament to her determination.

Their accomplishments are a powerful reminder of the extraordinary potential and diverse talents present in everyone :sparkles:

Community Manager

3 Likes

Hi ALL,

Pls let me know when is the training is date on POI.

Hello There,

I see that you are referring to training on POI [Proof of Investment]. if you can better help me understand which aspect of POI you would need more details on, I can quickly get you the relevant information.

Community Manager

Hi Kaulin,

We are providing telephone reimbursement (non-taxable) as part of CTC to employees and processed through payroll. My query is whether it is exempted for tax if the employee selects new tax regime.

image001.png

Hi Kaulin,

There use to be session by Mr. Athishay on POI. Every year usually it happens in Jan.

You can also share all training sessions for Jan24

Hello Pelatro,

Good Day!

We had a session on POI last month. Here are some quick reference links for the same:

Please find additional resources below for your reference:

Additional Video Resources:

We are still finalizing on the dates for this month, I will have it posted here in the community once I receive the updates from the team.

Hope this help.

Community Manager

Hello Suresh,

I am still trying to understand from the resources at my disposal and trying to find an answer for the query raised here.

Kindly give me some time, let me get back to you on this.

Community Manager