HRA in Metro City

Hi Community-

Will my HRA differ, if I shift from a regular city to a metropolitan city anytime or vice versa?

Please advise.

Regards-

4 Likes

Hi Anushri

HRA varies from non metropolitan to metropolitan cities. All companies have standard cacluations by following or not following the HRA rules in salary break up. Just because you are shifting from non metropolitan to metropolitan city in the same company doesn’t entitle you change in HRA because most companies doesn’t follow such system.
However yes, if you are moving from non metropolitan to metropolitan city to a new company, HRA might change if that company is following the HRA system

4 Likes

Hi Anushri,

Please find the below link to know more about HRA rules and Calculations. Hope this will help.

House Rent Allowance Rules and Calculation

4 Likes

Dear @Chethanbn,

I visited https://blog.greythr.com/house-rent-allowance-through-a-magnifying-glass

And observed that under Example: Calculation of HRA it is mentioned that Bengaluru is non-metro city. It is metro city, right? In that case, the calculation shown there needs to be updated. Thanks.

2 Likes

@shefalipatil

Bengaluru is a non-metro city. Please find the below metro cities for HRA(House Rent Allowance). Hope this will help.

(Delhi , Mumbai , Chennai and Kolkata )

2 Likes