We have an LTA component in our Salary Structure.
Employees are submitting their Travel bills for the exemption.
One Employee submitted his 5 Bills, where he traveled in 5 different months.
Kindly confirm theater we can consider all 5 or only 2 we need to consider?
There are certain rules which have to be followed before giving the LTA exemption.
- Travel to and from a single destination can be considered.
- Round trips can’t be considered for LTA exemption. In that case, the farthest distance from the source and back can be considered.
- Minimum 6 months gap should be there with 2 travels.
- Can claim only 2 times in a block of 4 years.
- Employee should be on a leave of a minimum of 3 days during that travel period.
There are many more rules. You can refer to the below link.