[30min.’ Live Discussion with Experts] on 'Structuring your Leave Policies for 2022'; 3:30PM to 4:00PM, 21st January 2022

Yes, this is very important to have break. once employees resumes after vacation, his engagement and speed always increases, since enjoys the life along with life after a monotonous routine.

5 Likes

In many developed countries, people have lots of focus on planning and enjoying the leave particularly in US and European countries.

5 Likes

Periodical off promotes employee wellness, hygiene and their efficiency. It breaks the monotony of routine from office . Hence do encourage it to boost productivity and performance.

6 Likes

Yes, we have the paternity leaves as per policy. It is important for the father as well to care for child and share the love and affection along with spouse. another dimension is to support the spouse as some short of break as well.

5 Likes

Thats one session of abundance of knowledge on structuring leave policies. Thank you @Colin Colin Mendes, @Ravi Ravi Mishra @NamrataDhasmana Namrata Dhasama & @renubohra1 Renu Bohra for making an amazing experience for our members.

In case there are any unanswered questions please post it in the thread or in the community directly, our experts will guide you with your doubts.

So we are coming to a close to this First edition of LIVE discussion with the experts on the greytHR community. This thread will be available for reference always.

Thanks to each and everyone who attended, liked and viewed the session.

Closing now. Thanks everyone once again. Take good care of yourself in these tough times.

2 Likes

Thank you experts @Colin Colin Mendes, @Ravi Ravi Mishra @NamrataDhasmana Namrata Dhasama & @renubohra1 Renu Bohra. You have been kind to address so many questions and guide us with your knowledge.

1 Like
  1. It is an interesting idea I think. Max accumulation is 45 days (max carry forward shall be 45 or less only) but law is silent about whether the organization encourage employee to avail or encash fixed number of leaves, every year. I think a sub-clause in HR policy to set this process helps. However the organization can only lapse beyond 45 days, as far as Leave Accounting is concerned.
  2. Again rules are silent I think. Observed that leave policies cover encashment protocols as well. So it is better to mention the encashment logic also and get the consent of parties involved. Some organizations are paying @basic and a few @gross.
  3. If there were no Government directives to grand special Covid Leaves or Sick Leaves when affected by Corona Virus ( a few states in India rolled out such directives during the pandemic), I think it is an organizational call to deduct EL . After passing information to employees, organization may adjust such days with Sick Leave or Earned Leave.
2 Likes

I am of the view that Sick Leave (for self) may not have a limit & may be availed on a need basis duly supported with Doctors advice. The Doctors advice may also be examined by the Chief Medical Officer of the Company.
Leave Sharing is a progressive method of helping a colleague in case of emergency in the family as he/she does not having the requisite balance.
Family Leave (to support sick family members) helps particularly those who are dealing with a sudden crisis & do not have an immediate ecosystem to help. The Doctors advice may also be examined by the Chief Medical Officer of the Company.
All the above are forward looking leave policies & will promote the Company as an organisation that cares for not only its employees but also their families.

4 Likes