As we remember Charlie Munger on his 100th birthday, let’s look at five of his memorable quotes:
- “Everybody engaged in complex work needs colleagues. Just the discipline of having to put your thoughts in order with somebody else is a very useful thing.”
- “If you have competence, you know the edge. It wouldn’t be a competence if you didn’t know where the boundaries lie. Asking whether you’ve passed the boundary is a question that almost answers itself.”
- “If you always tell people why, they’ll understand it better, they’ll consider it more important, and they’ll be more likely to comply.”
- “Recognize reality even when you don’t like it. Especially when you don’t like it.”
- “Remember that reputation and integrity are your most valuable assets and can be lost in a heartbeat.”
Munger’s wisdom cuts through the noise. His timeless principles light the way to sound decisions, guiding us not just in work, but in life.
Which of Munger’s timeless principles do you see as most relevant to HR?
Let’s brainstorm how to put them into practice!