Designation

I need a clarification pls help me with this one of my colleague She is working as a software testing engineer and we have hired her for this role.later on we’ve started to provide the role in Business Analyst since we don’t have a dedicated resource in BA team. Pls suggest me … with her designation…

3 Likes

Hi Cynthia,

Just a clarification:
When you hired her as software testing engineer - was a JD on this role given?
When you started to provide her a role as BA - did she keep her original work as STE and was a new JD provided?

Based on your reply, I will share my thoughts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Ludy… Yes it was mentioned in new JD… she also accepted and started to work on it. My only clarification is on her designation. Please revert. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi Cynthia,

If that is the case then his designation is Business Analyst - it would be better for her as it has larger scope than software testing engineer, and for the fact that she has a JD on this.

Aside from a Business Analyst designation per se’, you may also use Information Technology Lead - to start average, then when she gets better on the role, give the Business Analyst designation then progress to senior business analyst or business process development manager.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you judy… for BA role she is entry level so we cant provide lead or senior or manager level.

3 Likes