Digital employee recruitment: latest technologies for on-demand human resources

In my last article (Talent on demand: the flexible world of work is digitized) I reported on how more and more companies are turning to the models of the future world of work and calling on flexible workers through In this article I would like to analyze the possible evolution of platforms and show what technologies can be used or are already used to support and improve the recruitment of the urgently needed flexible workforce. What do you think, have the platforms already exploited all the technological possibilities? or digital recruitment. Index Online appointments for resources and projects Trust is the currency of the future Now yes! The future is digital Online appointments for resources and projects As we all know, one of the most used technologies is the matchmaking algorithm. As in many online platforms, various factors are taken into account in the matching process and the search engine, whether it is the company looking for the candidate or the candidate looking for a new job, is offered the most suitable option. A procedure that has also been offered in online dating since.

Drawing on a research article by Eli J. Finkel on the topic of online dating, he soberly states “…there is little reason to believe that current compatibility algorithms are especially effective.” So, can compatibility algorithms be effective in finding projects or resources? Compatibility algorithms are widely used, especially on job portals for permanent positions. For mandated assignments, the tried and tested search function is often still relied upon, which searches a database with just a few search criteria and can produce countless results, which then have to be laboriously sorted. Or put another way: Parship for permanent positions, Tinder for mandates. However, the latest technologies in the field of artificial intelligence offer new pairing possibilities. The next generation of platforms will clearly offer better results through sophisticated search capabilities, and not just in online dating, as another 2017 Resarch article by Eli J. Fink points out. Digital sourcing thus evolves to the next level. Trust is the currency of the future Nowadays, when I book a trip, I rarely go to a travel agency.

My travel agent is the internet and, thanks to many hotel platforms, I have the best options to find the hotel that suits my needs. But what do I look for when making my final choice? The referencesI trust my travel companions and listen to what they say. It’s no different in the world of agile workers, freelancers and consultants. Long before online platforms supported candidate search, people exchanged information and gave each other recommendations. Nowadays, recommendations can also be made online, as in the case of hotels. But online recommendations carry risks: how can I be sure that the opinion does not come from the freelancer or consultant themselves? What if the opinions are simply bought? This trust trap exists in the feedback culture of online referrals as they are used today on Upwork.com or Fiverr.com. More attention needs to be paid to references and their origin in the future. Can you imagine what technology could support a trust-based referral system? What technology is already called a “trust machine” today? Give us the answer in the comments section.

2 Likes