Hard Copy Proof for Travel Expense Claims

Hi Team ,

Is it mandatory to collect hard copies of bill for travel expense claims or we can manage through soft copies ??

5 Likes

It is advised to collect original bills for Travel Expense Reimbursement.

5 Likes

Hi @Abhi9959

It’s always advised to collect hard copies as repository as there is no amendment that says soft copies are fine for inspection especially with respect to Travel / Reimbursement.

So, it’s always primarily important to collect the hard copies - but for convenience and approvals soft copies can be used.

4 Likes

Soft copies are OK and much practical. The employer needs to satisfy all the conditions as laid down under Income Tax and deduct TDS accordingly. The Supreme court judgement also says that employee themselves are responsible to keep records of all claims being made in ITR and company will not be responsible to keep and track of these records for future reference. The company however needs to have due diligence when processing accounting for Expenses/ClaimsTDS/Income Tax compliances.

4 Likes

i do have the same question , I am planning to travel hill stations in uttarakhand
what are the formalities that i need to do
i am from south india

3 Likes

Copy of the ticket and boarding pass. Flight should be to the nearest airport by the shortest route. In the case of train travel, a copy of the ticket to the nearest railway station by the shortest route.

image001.png

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Bills of hotel accommodation, food, or packaged tour, or taxi hire for few days for Travel Expense Claims

Is it mandatory to collect hard copies for employee’s reimbursement i.e., mobile/ Internet/Food/Travel expense reimbursement (as per norms)? If yes, please share the notification number. Or can all types of employee reimbursement be submitted in softcopy?

1 Like