If employee goes to abroad for 3 months, do we have any Income Tax and compliance issue?

Hi All,

Could you please let me know, If any employee goes to abroad for only 3 months? Will there be any issue regards to Compliance and Income tax?

Do we need to inform to any labor authorities and return any form?

Ramanath Setty

1 Like

Hi Ramanath,

If an Indian employee is working abroad, gaining income there, the corresponding country’s tax and other compliances will apply.

However, if such employee is also gaining a source of income in India, the applicable tax components will apply. If this employee is shown as an employee under Indian payroll, the respective statutory compliances aligning with the Indian remuneration will apply.

It depends on the duration of visit and remuneration arrangement during this duration.

Bhuvana Anand

1 Like