Income Tax for employees and Consultants

Can employer used two income tax deduction rate in same organization ?e.g Employees can be charged as salary income and Consultant can be charged with Fixed TDS rate ? If yes then How we can file both types of employees ETDS from same TAN ?


Yes, you can have two different sets of employment and based on the employment type i.e, Employee or consultant tax rates will change. You can file the below returns using the same TAN.

For Employees you have to file 24Q return
For Consultants you have to file 26Q return.

Powered by | India's No.1 Payroll and HR Software.
9000+ Clients
150 Cities
10 Lakh+ Users