ITR due date Missed and Correcting Mistakes


If individual missed out filing ITR inside due dates or makes mistakes in the ITR submit, what happens? Any solutions?


Hi @Anushree

If you missed it there is always an extension in due dates to file the ITR and you can use that, even beyond that you can file - but penalties might get attracted.

But if you made a mistake on your tax return, you need to correct it with the IRS. To correct the error, you would need to file an amended return with the IRS. if you fail to correct the mistake , you may be charged penalties and interest. You can file the amended return yourself or have a professional prepare it for you.

1 Like