POSH committee members

Is it mandatory to include committee members names in the POSH document. Can we just include the designations and release the document. What if the committee member resigns and left it will not be possible to change the document again and again.

4 Likes

Hey @KKAssociates ,

It’s important to note that laws and regulations related to Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) can vary depending on your country or region. In many cases:

1. Committee Members’ Names: It’s common practice to include the names and designations of the committee members in the POSH policy document. This transparency helps employees know who to approach in case of any harassment-related concerns. It also creates a sense of accountability and trust.

2. Designations Only: While including designations might be acceptable in some cases, providing the names of committee members adds a personal touch and helps employees feel more comfortable reaching out for assistance. Having names helps employees identify and communicate with the right individuals.

3. Resignations and Changes: It’s true that if committee members resign or change, the document might need to be updated. However, it’s also important to maintain an up-to-date and accurate document to ensure employees’ confidence in the process. Changes in committee members can be communicated through regular updates or revisions to the policy document.

4. Consult Legal Professionals: To ensure compliance with local laws and regulations, it’s advisable to consult legal professionals who are well-versed in labor and employment laws in your jurisdiction. They can provide guidance on the best practices for your organization’s POSH policy and committee structure.

In summary, while there might be flexibility in how you present committee members’ details in the POSH document, it’s generally recommended to include names along with designations for transparency and employee trust. If changes occur, regular updates to the document can help maintain accuracy.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

4 Likes

The POSH policy need not have the names of the committee members as the IC is valid for a max period of 3 years. The names of IC could be communicated to all employees vide circulars/ org announcements and shall form part of annexures of POSH policy. The circulars also need to be displayed in conspicuous places within the organisation premises.

2 Likes

Hi, It’s great help to me. However, I need to organize some training programmes on Softskills and POSH for our Staff. Anyone can help me in getting good, experienced trainers ? They may send message to my email id: harihar390@gmail.com

1 Like