Why employees are prefering working from home?

COVID-19 pandemic brought unprecedented changes in work life, a study has revealed that 82% respondents admitted that they prefer working from home to going back to the office. The remote work trend was initially forced on employees due to the pandemic, however, after two years remote working has become a new normal and as things settled down new habits have formed.

The new normal for HR shifted from engaging face to face to engaging with remote employees whom they meet only virtually most of the time. More than 80% of the HR managers admitted that hiring employees for full-time office presence is getting more difficult. The study further revealed that 64% employees said they are more productive working from home and feel less stressed.

Working from home is no longer a choice but a new normal that every tech talent expects from their employer and the employers not willing to adapt will face challenges in hiring good talent and retaining those already employed, as observed. More than 67% of companies admit that hiring talent with office-only working conditions has become increasingly difficult.

Welcome to the world of remote work, the gig economy, and the power of the crowd that is waiting to be explored before it explodes. Since remote is the new normal the offices too will become more occasional meeting places and alternate workplaces, the study stated.

Community Manager.

8 Likes

Interesting read… Work from home the new normal. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Its really good article.
can we post this on linkedIn by mentioning- from study done by Greythr Community ?

zCon-logo.png

9 Likes

Hey @Chitram,

Hope you are doing well.

Yes, you can post this on LinkedIn but this study was not done by us. We took reference of this study from external sources. So you can post this but reference you can say external sources.

Regards,

Community Manager

8 Likes

ok thanks for quick response.

zCon-logo.png

9 Likes

Good Article. Nice to read

9 Likes

Yes, Remote working is 100% feasible provided you have the right tools and resources. I am big fan of WFH and It has brought the best out of me. It totally depends on how you want to utilize the time and juggle cooking, taking care of kids, elders etc. No time wastage by waking up, getting dressed, driving through traffic and come to office with fake emotions. It is a boon for especially women employees if you ask me. Safe at your home, limited harassments that was otherwise existing more.

See, humans are largely adaptive and have accepted this change. U save time and energy WFH. Natural resources are declining on one hand, prices of fuel are soaring on the other hand. When people used to WFH, I noticed, the climate changed for good, there were clear skies and air more breathable. So I would say, in this modern digital world with technological improvements such as VR, Meta, AR etc. It should help you do the remote job better.

IMO, team building and connections have also improved these 2 years and now being virtual and are able to connect with more global counterparts otherwise we declined to join calls post evening due to travel back n forth home & office.

9 Likes

I completely agree with @arshamercy … WFH is safe, cost effective and time efficient for me definitely.

9 Likes

A good side of Covid 19 is the new WFH model. Allows me to manage time for everything.

8 Likes

Moreover we don’t need to spends hours travelling in such horrible traffic :stuck_out_tongue: . But one disadvantage is that we are becoming lazy :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes