Claim allowances not shown in form 16


Some deduction or allowances has not been captured and shown in Form 16. Can it be claimed while filing ITR?


@Ann ,

Yes its possible.

If you have forgotten to submit the documents such as rent agreement or rent receipts to your employer, then worry not, as you can still claim the tax-exemption benefit available on HRA while filing your income tax return (ITR).

Remember in such a case you will be required to manually calculate the amount of HRA received by you which is exempted from tax.

Please refer link 1 link 2


Deductions covered under 80C,80D can be claimed while filing the ITR.
Exemptions like LTA, Children Education allowance etc cannot be claimed.

However, the relevant documents have to be maintained by the employee if he gets any notice from the IT department.

Powered by | India's No.1 Payroll and HR Software.
9000+ Clients
150 Cities
10 Lakh+ Users