Employee Resignation

Hi Team,

An employee resigns from company immediately after appraisal came in effect (within a month). Are there any policies/guidelines which governs non-relieval of employee for a certain duration (let’s say 3 months) in your company after appraisal?
Industry does not have this as a common practice as far as I know. However, if it needs to be incorporated then how’s it’s validity and is it really a right thing to be taken into action?

Request your inputs to make a better decision.

4 Likes

same issues I face in our company but let’s say it’s a competitive world and we can’t force to employee to stay back with us. Unless you have notice period on 3 months. I don’t think that we can apply any clause or rule considering appraisal after attrition.

Regards,

Anamika Mahale
Manager - HR | KnovaOne

5 Likes

Hi,

The Offer letter include the notice period of 3 months. At the time of appraisal, only CTC part changed and rest terms remains unchanged which include 3 months notice period as well. Even after appraisal, if they resign then they have to serve 3 months notice period.

Regards,
Aprajita

5 Likes

Thanks @Aprajita , you are right. Yes notice period is intact. It will be as it is. Here i was curious to know whether is it a valid thing to incorporate a clause after effective appraisal so that employee won’t be able to resign after appraisal.

3 Likes

I agree with you @adminKO

4 Likes

Hi Mrunal,

If you want to include then you can have that clause, else just mention the line :
All the other terms and conditions remain unchanged as per your appointment letter.

Regards,
Aprajita

5 Likes