What are some of the ‘Employers’ efforts in providing emotional support to their employees in the time of need?
Hope this helps
Most companies recognize that dealing with personal challenges can have serious effects on our employees’ health, well-being and personal life, as well as their involvement and performance in the workplace. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) has been developed to help you and your family deal with personal issues, tensions and stressful situations before they lead to more serious problems.
The EAP provided by companies to employees offers professional assistance for a wide range of issues like:
• Couple and marital relationship issues
• Personal and emotional difficulties
• Death, grief and bereavement issues
• Family matters / parenting concerns
• Stress, anxiety and depression
• Work-related issues
• Work and personal / family balance
• Alcohol and drug misuse
• Crisis counselling
• Managing life’s changes
• Personal Legal and Financial Stressors
Few additional ones are detailed below:
- Offer 24/7 access to qualified resources who can help employees and family members, and can help these individuals access local qualified resources for mental health or substance abuse needs.
- Run webinars on emotional hygiene at home.
- Companies are also tying up with external agencies for tips on indoor exercises and interactive sessions with nutritionists as well as an exercise regime.
- Conduct virtual skill-based CSR volunteering and rap/jingle contest to stay healthy and entertained
- Telemedicine programs are connected globally to help the employees and their families with questions about their physical and mental health
- Employees are encouraged to seek confidential support from counsellors via phone using the employee assistance program (EAP)
- Companies are promoting :
- Digital mindfulness tools, virtual fitness sessions, home workout apps, online meditation ,access to health experts and regular knowledge-sharing to ensure their workforce stay motivated, healthy and mindful.