What comes under EPF rules responsibility for a employer/ organization?
Adding a few points
Responsibilities of an Employer
- Any Company (Organization) greater than 20 members on it’s rolls should register (some establishments are exempted)
- PAN is mandatory for registration. Digitally sign and upload requisite documents.
- Update establishment/owner particulars – online (FORM 5A)
- Timely payment of EPF dues
- Establishments using Bank credit from any Scheduled Commercial Bank are required to furnish an annual certificate to their auditors
- Enrolment of all eligible employees on its rolls (regular or contractual) – wages upto Rs 15,000
- New employee already a member of EPF from his/her previous employment would continue to
- remain EPF member.
- Confirm remittance status of contractual employees belonging to an EPF registered
- establishment before releasing payment to such contractors.
- Enroll employees drawing wages more than 15,000, if they so desire.
- Verify and confirm that all employees have KYC (Aadhaar, Bank Account, PAN) compliant UAN
- (Universal Account Number).
- Generate UAN for new employee and upload KYC information
- Update family particulars and nomination of all employees who are EPF members.
- Deduct employee share from employee wages, add matching employer contribution, EDLI contribution and administrative charges and remit to EPF along with prescribed return immediately after disbursement of salary. (last date 15th of the month).
- If employee is having UAN but no KYC, collect and upload KYC.
The employer has to register their establishment if there are more than twenty employees and remit their contributions before the 15th of every month. Every new employee has to be registered under EPF.