A few important questions for HR managers in managing workforce during a pandemic crisis, can anyone help me out?
Hope this helps
Widespread business disruptions has been caused by the pandemic. Keeping in mind the top priority of a HR to be -put employees first. Organization and HR departments have been working round the clock to deal with multiple phases during these unprecedented times.
According to multiple studies, having answers to the following questions can help HR department better manage the crisis.
- Can our company operate with 25% or greater absenteeism?
- If illness causes high absenteeism, are employees cross-trained and able to perform multiple duties?
- Can our employees work remotely?
- What infrastructure support is needed to support a shift to an at-home workforce?
- Will our company monitor, or even restrict, travel to high-risk regions?
- What procedures do we have in place to decontaminate the facility and its heating, ventilation, air-conditioning systems, electronic equipment and soft materials (blankets, curtains, etc.)?
- What assurances do we need to provide to the facility staff members so they feel safe at work?
- How will traveling employees be brought home, particularly if they are sick?
- Are there escalation procedures to get additional resources?
- Is there a trained and representative crisis management team that includes on-call staff, and do those team members know what is expected of them?