Is NATS (national Apprenticeship training scheme) ,mandatory for all organizations in western region of India?

I have received a letter from BOAT to register my organization under NATS.
I want to know if it is mandatory.
I

2 Likes

Hi Mayuri,
Answer to your query is Yes - As per Apprenticeship Act 1961 engagement of Apprentices (Freshers/interns) in an organization with a min bandwidth of 2.5% of the total workforce including contractual employees is mandatory. These Apprentices can be enrolled under various available Govt Schemes like NATS(BOAT), NAPS, FLEXIMOU etc. Amongst which NAPS (National Apprentice Promotion Scheme) is the most viable according to me.

For more info related to Naps feel free to write me - sumit@payrule.in or contact on +91 9316633890

2 Likes

Hi,

Can I know what kind of organizations has to register under this scheme?

2 Likes

Dear team,

We have one clarification one employee is crossing the age of 68 or 70 and we want to engage him in the work continuously. If we bring him under consultancy he/she will have to pay TDS and the same is not possible for that employee. Kindly share if any other policy or procedure is available.

2 Likes

Hi,

We are receiving mails from the concerned departments regarding NAPS registration. We are based out of Bangalore and total headcount of employees is around 45.

Is it mandatory to register in NAPS ? Could anyone of you please explain the process also?

Thanks.

2 Likes