We plan to do some employee engagement activities. Can you let me know what are those non-religious festivals usually celebrated in India ?
Hey @arshamercy ,
In India, there are several non-religious festivals that are widely celebrated, fostering unity and camaraderie among people of diverse backgrounds. These festivals can be great opportunities for employee engagement activities. Here are some examples:
- Holi: The Festival of Colors is a vibrant celebration where people play with colored powders and water. It promotes inclusivity and joy.
- Diwali: While Diwali has religious roots, it’s also celebrated as a festival of lights, symbolizing the triumph of light over darkness. You can focus on the lighting and decorating aspects.
- Children’s Day: Celebrated on the birthday of India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, this day is dedicated to children. Organize activities or games that bring out the child in employees.
- Republic Day: Commemorate the adoption of the Indian Constitution with flag hoisting and patriotic activities.
- Environment Day: Raise awareness about environmental issues with eco-friendly activities like tree planting, workshops, or cleaning drives.
- Women’s Day: Celebrate the achievements of women and promote gender equality with workshops, talks, and events.
- International Yoga Day: Promote well-being and health with yoga sessions, meditation, and wellness workshops.
- World Music Day: Showcase the musical talents of your employees with performances, music-related workshops, or even a virtual concert.
- Friendship Day: Strengthen camaraderie among employees by organizing team-building activities, games, or events that celebrate friendships.
- Independence Day: Celebrate India’s freedom with flag hoisting, cultural performances, and activities that promote unity.
- Gandhi Jayanti: Commemorate Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday by organizing cleanliness drives, discussions on his principles, and community service.
Remember, these festivals provide an opportunity to celebrate diversity and unity among your employees. When planning activities, ensure they are inclusive and resonate with your workforce’s preferences and interests.
Hope this helps.
Awesome, Thank you so much