NPS Account

What are I PIN and T PIN in NPS ?

NSDL, the central record keeping agency appointed by Government to handle all the accounts of New Pension Scheme subsribers is offering I-pin and T-pin to all NPS subscribers who have a valid PRAN (Permanent Retirement Account).

The advantages of I-Pin:
The I-pin holders can access the CRA system and check the accounts details like address, bank account details and nomination details for both Tier I and Tier II NPS accounts
The I-pin holders can generate statement of holding for both Tier I and Tier II which gives them the latest valuation of their total investment.
The I-pin holders can generate statement of transaction for the last three financial years including the current financial year for both Tier I and Tier II accounts.
The I-pin holders can track the credit of monthly conribution into their Tier I account.
The I-pin holders can register a complaint against CRA or Nodal Office after logging into CRA system. Once a complaint is raised, system generates a token number which can be used later to track status of the complaint.
T-Pin:
CRA also issues T-pin to all valid Permanent Retirement Account holders (PRAN).

Advantages of T-pin:
T-pin is useful to speak to NSDL (Central Record keeping agency for NPS).
T-pin holder can dial the toll free helpline number (1800222080) using the T-pin allotted to them for any query or complaint.
The T-pin holder can also access Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system and avail the services such as change of T-pin, check holding details, check status of any fund manager schemes, check accounts details, enquire details of last contribution credit, check details of last withdrawal request and request statement of transaction for last three financial years. To rest ipin &tpin.