[30 Min Live Discussion with Experts] on ‘Best Orientation and Training Practices for New Hires’; 3:30 to 4:00PM, September 16th, 2022

Hello Community Members,

Hope you are doing well.

It gives us immense pleasure to announce our next Greytribe live session, being conducted on September 16th, Friday at 3:30PM to 4:00PM.

This time, there will be an exclusive 30 minutes of LIVE discussion thread with the Expert Mr. Sudeep Kumar Sen, Vice President - Gi Group India on the topic ‘Best Orientation and Training Practices for New Hires ’.

We thank each one of you for your continuous support and enthusiasm that you bring to the LIVE community session. Your support motivates us and we strive harder every time to come up with new, exciting and informative sessions. Much appreciated.

Requesting members to post your doubts/queries related to Orientation and Training Practices for New Hires as comments on this post and get them answered by the Industry Expert on September 16th, 2022.

13 Likes

Hello Community Members,

Hope you are doing well.

Join the upcoming Greytribe live session on ‘Best Orientation and Training Practices for New Hires’ and get all your queries answered by our expert Mr. Sudeep Kumar Sen, Vice President - Gi Group India at 3:30pm to 4:00pm on Friday, September 16th.

#greytHR #Greytribe #GreytribeLive #LiveSession #OrientationPractices #TrainingPractices

12 Likes

I would be interested in this program. Kindly let me know the steps to enroll.

13 Likes

Hi @Preeti02 ,

Hope you are doing well.

Kindly note that you don’t need to enroll for any program. Just come and join the same post on 16th at 3.30pm and type your queries here. Our expert will answer your queries. You can also post your queries in advance here and our expert will pick up your queries first.

Do let me know in case of any queries.

Regards,

Community Manager.

12 Likes

Hello Community Members,

Let’s welcome today’s expert for the session, Mr. Sudeep Kumar Sen, Vice President - Gi Group India.

With more than two decades of experience, Mr. Sudeep specializes in sales force planning, hiring, training, productivity matrix development and implementation. His passion for scale and innovative thinking has contributed to the remarkable growth of several large business conglomerates. He is a well known speaker and a frequent contributor to prominent HR journals.

We are thankful to him for joining our session today as the expert to share his views, expertise, thoughts and knowledge.

Once again, a very warm welcome to you Mr. Sudeep.

We also open the session for questions after this post.

12 Likes

Hi All,
Very good afternoon!
I am in. Thanks for this opportunity

12 Likes

Many thanks Kaulin, let us get going.

11 Likes

What is the difference between onboarding and orientation?

11 Likes

Questions please. Or shall I get going with onboarding Vs Orientation?

12 Likes

Hi Chitra, onboarding is a defined process in terms of submission of documents, new forms relating to the employment, statutory benefits, insurance etc to be filled up. Orientation is about familiarity of the organization, the business lines of the company, the awareness of the CXO’s, the business heads, deptment heads etc of the organization, awareness of the various policies.

13 Likes

departments* Orientation is also about cross function department meetings, familiarity of the role of other people in the company, awareness of the diff functions and understanding the interlinkage between the diff depts.

13 Likes

Why is orientation important for new hires?

11 Likes

Orientation creates awareness, familiarity, knowledge sharing, understanding for an individual and hence, it is important, good and great organizations focus on orientation and it brings inclusivity for the people.

11 Likes

What are the three most important elements of an orientation program?

10 Likes

The sense of belonginess of the employee is high, gives good depth knowledge and it becomes easy for the trainer/mentor/orientation manager to arrest issues then and there.

11 Likes

(a) Orientation Manual covering “Organization History, Growth Path and ambition ahead”
(b) Process and policies - leave, reimbursement, travel, insurance claim, work related policies,
(c) Role Orientation - KPI’s (standard one’s), KRA’s and KD’s.

11 Likes

What are the strategies that HRs can adopt for a successful orientation program?

9 Likes

As stated above, we need to see what is the area of improvement which need to be done in terms of a, b and c, also it is good to take feedback from the functional heads in terms anything specific to be added in the orientation and a feedback from the new hires in terms of what they expected in the OP and what they received, anything more they would like to add.

11 Likes

What are the characteristics of a good training program?

9 Likes

Very important Question. Training program can of 2 types (a) I know what to train upon and (b) I need to run an assessment to know exactly know what to train upon. Often, the mistake happens here as we end up doing training without the root cause or need to training in mind. Let us suppose we do not know what to train but we have a training to do, no worries, we should ask the concerned department in terms of the expected goal with timelines, then run an assessment and then basis the result of assessment, we should do the training and retaining program. Retain is important as data says only 60% is retained and put to application from training session to work

10 Likes