Once leave is approved , can that be withdrawn by the employee?

Our employee applied for 4 days’ leave and it was approved. Later she wanted to cancel / with draw the request. Will that be possible?

1 Like

Hello Sunayana,

Any employee can withdraw/ cancel leaves from the self ESS portal, even if leaves are approved .

1. If leaves have not been approved, you can withdraw them from — Leaves > Leave Apply > Pending > Withdraw
  2. If leaves are already approved, you can cancel it from ------ Leaves > Leave Apply >Leave Cancel > Select leaves that need to be cancelled.

As an admin, you can also cancel them from the Employee Leave Section.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Dear Sunayana,

Yes, we can do that, if the employee wants to cancel the leave, the employer should accept the request.

Regards
Dilip Thakkar

1 Like

I guess …you cannot withdraw after approval

1 Like

Dear Mahesh ji,

Leave is regulated by the Shop and Establishment Act coupled with Company Leave Policy and it does not specify that Leave once applied cannot be cancelled.

While I understand that Leave applied by the employee and the same employee for whatever reasons do not want to avail the leave, may be that the need has been raised with him to defer / postpone the plan of availing the leave and hence has now requested for cancellation.

Ideology of any policy is not to put any employee to discomfort / disadvantage, hence in the said case if the Company / HR does not accept the request for cancellation of Leave, the concerned employee will be forced to take the leave which he cannot utilise fruitfully, since his need for leave has been deferred / postponed,

Assume that in the said case the employee has only 10 days of leave to his credit and he wants to cancel the leave but he is forced to take the leave, then when he actually wants the leave, he will have to undergo LWP ( Leave Without Pay), the outcome will be (A ) Employee will get less salary due to LWP ( B) The said situation may lead to one unsatisfied employee. ( disengaged employee )

Hence I would suggest that the Leave applied may be cancelled at the request of the employee. with this it will be a WIN WIN situation for the Company and Employee.

If you need any more explanation, please feel free to call me on my mobile no. 9892369092

Regards
Dilip Thakkar

1 Like