Problems with PF Advance Withdrawal

An Employee has absconded from their organization, suddenly terminated their service without serving the notice period about 6 months ago due certain reasons pertaining to their personal life. They are currently unemployed and have been so for the past 6 months, last month they lodged a claim via the EPFO online claim portal [Form 31] in order to obtain an advance, but it was rejected and the reasons stated were ‘not eligible’ and ‘not eligible - insufficient funds’, the reason selected for the advance was non receipt of wages [greater than two months] and the claim amount was less than 75% of the PF accumulations [which is the amount limit for withdrawal for this specific reason], KYC was proper, even the submitted documents were proper still the claim was rejected. Please let me know what further action needs to be taken.


Hi @GeckoRHf ,

In the given scenario, where the employee has absconded and their claim for an advance from EPFO has been rejected, it is advisable to take the following steps:

  1. Review the rejection reasons: Carefully review the reasons provided for the rejection of the claim. Ensure that all the eligibility criteria and requirements for the advance have been met.
  2. Contact EPFO: Reach out to the EPFO helpline or visit the nearest EPFO office to seek clarification on the rejection. Provide them with all the necessary details and documentation to support your case.
  3. Seek legal advice: If the rejection seems unjust or you are unable to resolve the issue through regular channels, consider consulting with a legal professional who specializes in employment and labor laws. They can guide you on the appropriate legal steps to take.
  4. Document all communications: Keep a record of all communication with EPFO, including emails, letters, and any supporting documents submitted. This will help you provide a clear timeline of events if further action is required.
  5. Follow up regularly: Stay proactive in following up with EPFO to inquire about the status of the claim and to ensure that your concerns are being addressed. Persistence and regular communication can sometimes lead to a resolution.

Remember, this case is unique, and it is important to consult with professionals who can provide specific advice based on the details of the situation.

Hope this helps.


1 Like

PF advance can be taken during the Service only. Pls check if the Employer done with EXIT details, it is better to withdraw the PF amount with Form 19 & 10C. Before to that download the Member Passbook for the PF balance details.

Hope this helps you.


1 Like