Absconding Cases

Hello,

I had query regarding Absconding employees and then they have resigned. Please let me know what to do in such a scenario. Should we drop an email Staying report back or we will have to share Absconding termination Letter.

Please guide me on the same.

3 Likes

We still consider them absconding and send a mail that if u do not serve notice the same will be adjusted against notice pay

3 Likes

I had subscribe for this greytip , but now I forgot from where do I access this to ask queries ???can you help me?

1 Like

Hi @Shruthi

Firstly, how do you define absconding in your company is it 7 consecutive days or 10? Also, is the employee holding some company assets - coz if so, I believe this will be referred to under the section 82 of the code of criminal procedure …

It would be a proper practice to send an email to the employee first (using his private email address) - asking why he was absent in this specific period without giving notice to the company - and if he does not reply and had crossed the number of days the company considers as absconding - then a letter of termination based on absence without prior notice and approval can be issued. And if valuable company assets are under his care - then you need to follow up with some legal steps in order to recover those assets.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Sneha ,

Hope you are doing well.

Let me ask the support team to reach out to you and help you out.

Meanwhile, you can check out this link for more information.

Regards,

Community Manager.

Without ascertaining true reasons for absconding one cannot terminate the services. There could be death or accident. Inform local police and GLO and proceed legally.

1 Like