The Labour Department Karnataka Government has published the Notification No. KAE 66 KaBani 2020 (Part 1) dated 06.11.2020, an advisory to the employers of all public or private companies in the State, the gist of it as given below:-
(1) The period of Quarantine of Employees/Workmen infected by Coronavirus shall not be treated as unauthorised absence
(2) Employers advised to Enable the Employees/Workmen infected by Coronavirus to utilize leaves under their Quota for the period of quarantine
(3) The Employees/Workmen who are not coming under the purview of ESIC, even if they are not entitled to leave, if infected by the coronavirus, taking into consideration the larger interest of society, to be granted leave as available/possible, in term of their employment to undergo quarantine
(4) In case Employees/Workmen who are infected by Corona Virus who do not have left in their account, employers advised to facilitate the transfer of leave from the account of other Employees/Workmen and enable them to undergo the quarantine
(5) Incase Employee who does not have left under their quota and when it is already fully utilized, employers advised providing for advance leave which the Employees are eligible to avail in the future so that the infected Employee/Workmen may undergo quarantine
(6) When the Employers are unable to grant leave on their own initiative to Employees and such Employees do not have any kind of leave under their Quota, both Employer and Employees to consult with each other regarding granting of special leaves for the period and come to an amicable solution.
Employers in Karnataka are advised to follow the guidelines to ensure maximum containment of COVID-19 and the utmost safety of all employees at their establishments.
Advisory Regarding Grant Of Quarantine Leave To Employees Infected By Corona Virus In Karnataka.pdf (145.6 KB)