Paid Leave During COVID-19 Quarantine Period In Karnataka

The Government of Karnataka vide order no. Kae 572 TNR 2020, dated 18th January 2021 has directed that workers who are down with the Covid-19 virus, as well as those who are their primary contacts, are entitled to paid leave for the entire duration of being quarantined.

This order is deemed to be effective right from the day the state went under lockdown, this stays effective for workers of both sectors, organized as well as unorganized.

Kindly refer to the notification for more details.

Paid_Leave_During_COVID-19_Quarantine_Period_In_Karnataka.pdf (87.4 KB)

5 Likes

Hi,

Is there any English version available?

Thanks

4 Likes

the english version shared here .

4 Likes

Hi,

Could not find here. Please share.

And also, is it applicable to IT segment as well?

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi @Shwetagrover

Attaching it here. Since it’s published under the “Disaster Management Act” - it comes into power than any other act subsiding them.

English Trans _ Order 14 days leave.pdf (156.6 KB)

2 Likes

Hi Dinesh,

This order does not states 28 days paid sick leaves as per that Karnataka Kannada circular.

Is that circular been withdrawn ?

Also, I am repeating here my same question since yesterday on this thread that whether this clause will be applicable to small scale IT company?

Thanks

4 Likes

I agree to that. Karnataka order says 14 days of quarantine leave.

3 Likes

Just to add up and clarify the days of leave @Shwetagrover

The state government on Wednesday told the Karnataka high court that employees/workers in the organised and unorganised sectors, who had contracted Covid-19 or primary contacts of infected persons are entitled to full [paid leave] for the entire isolation/ quarantine period.

As on date the quarantine period by ICMR is 14 days and hence this is applicable subsiding the previous 28 days of leaves.

And this is only for People infected not for taking care of infected family members (for which Org, can come up with a separate policy).

And this applicable to all industries across the state being a disaster management act.

2 Likes

THank you Ankit. It will help many.

2 Likes