Error: Member is not a member of pension scheme

Continuing the discussion from [[Winners] Most Valuable Members [MVM] December 2020]):

Hi,

Could you plz let me know why we are unable to upload PF statement in PF site . When we uploaded it gives error message as

Error Member is not a member of pension scheme. EPS wages should be zero. found on line numbers: [127, 130, 131, 137]

Could you plz guide us.

6 Likes

Hi @C0025

As far as I knew, it’s mainly because of the EPS column being filled and value being added for an employee in the ECR file wherein that employee is not eligible / EPS account is not created so far.

Employee joining post 2014 Sep is not eligible for EPS (Pension scheme), due to which you might be the error.

I have also uploaded the PF error reports for your reference.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

ECR_ErrorCodesList_14042012.pdf (328.6 KB)

5 Likes

Employee whose wages are above 15000 are not eligible for PS as per the amended rules of EPS via notification dated Aug 22, 2014 and ais applicable from september 1, 2014.

1. If you want to enroll for EPS show the employee wage below the slab (15000).
  2. Error occurs when you mention the salary above 15000 for EPS column
  3. As per the error code wages are entered wrong for 4 members in the mentioned line numbers. Change the wages to zero for smooth upload.
  4. If you want to enroll those 4 employees to EPS, change their wages to 15000 (probably these 4 employees basic+da are more than 15000).

Despite of doing all these still if you face difficulty share the statement along with your login credentials. I will do it for you.

6 Likes

Thank you very much Mr. Dinesh. You are right. As you said, Now validation is made based on PF wages at the time of entry from January 2021 onwards.

image001.jpg

5 Likes

Good Morning Mr.Dinesh,

I have a query with regard to the EPS contribution for employees who have joined after 2014.
If an employee has withdrawn the PF prior to 2014 and taken a break, rejoined after 2014 with basic salary above 15K… will he contribute towards EPS also.

Regards
Sarita

4 Likes

Hi Sarita

No Employee will not be eligible for EPS once if they withdraw the full amount and rejoin again.

image001.jpg

4 Likes

Dear Bharath,

I am getting this error . My bulk file detail is
1018********#~#PUTTA REDDY#~#21500#~#21000#~#15000#~#15000#~#2580#~#1250#~#1330#~#0#~#0

His profile detail is attached.

Error Message : Error Member is not a member of pension scheme. EPS wages should be zero. found on line numbers: [13]

Now I need to clear the error. What changes I have to do in ECR txt file to be uploaded
or
changes in the personal detail.

Thanks in Advance.
venki
vsmv@rediffmail.com

1 Like

Hey @vsmv,

In such a case scenario please use the support option and raise a ticket with support to get quick help.

I have also forwarded your concern to the respective team. They will reach out to you in sometime.

Community Manager.

Just for info check his age whether he will fall under EPS scheme or not…

Then apply tick mark fort he same if his age above 55+ ECR cannot be upload with figures.

1 Like

HI Bharath,

It is because the employees’ salary (monthly EPF wages as on joining) is above 15000. The DOJ is 18-07-2022. The EPS ceiling was removed only last month…

1 Like

His previous employer has removed him from EPS showing his wages as more than 15K.
In this scenario, you will have to add his EPS amount to EPF & keep ESP as ‘0’ zero.

1 Like

Dear Venki,
To clear the error in the ECR text file you have to do modification as shown in image.
Hope this will help you.

Kind Regards,
N. Yogarani

1 Like

Hi Venki,

Recently whoever joins you cannot contribute towards EPS. Employer contribution is fully provided to Employer PF. It has been 2 years or more since this has been implemented but there is no specific article or notification to support.

1 Like

Dear Venki,

Kindly do this changes in ECR file:

REDDY#~#21500#~#21000#~#0~#15000#~#2580#~#0#~#2580#~#0#~#0

Then it won’t count this person in EPS while generating challan.

And in GreytHR first remove tick mark from EPS contibution under Bank/PF/ESI then go to payroll input salary section and just below CTC you will see PF related item then click it->EPS basic-> override it to zero. Then from next time onwards it won’t consider/calculate his EPS.

Regards,
Reeta

2 Likes

Dear Bharat,

Kindly do this changes in ECR file (need to make EPS wage and EPS contibution zero through manual correction);

REDDY#~#21500#~#21000#~#0~#15000#~#2580#~#0#~#2580#~#0#~#0

Then it won’t count this person in EPS while generating challan.

And in GreytHR first remove tick mark from EPS contibution under Bank/PF/ESI then go to payroll input salary section and just below CTC you will see PF related item then click it->EPS basic-> override it to zero. Then from next time onwards it won’t consider/calculate his EPS.

Regards,
Reeta

1 Like

Hi Venki

You have to remove tick mark in EPS in Employee and process. Then pension will be zero and ECR file will be updated.

1 Like

Hi all,

Don’t you think this ECR is wrong??? Why is a difference in EPF Wages & EDLI wages???

Thanks & Regards

Anand Christopher

Chief Mentor

www.payof.in

Facebook Instagram

Stay Safe … Stay Compliant …

1 Like

Hi all,

My UAN is not activated, since the PF account is not activated, can you tell me how to solve this problem?
I am greytHR ex employee.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi Kanchi, call me at 8089946456…

1 Like

Here it is…

The_Uttar_Pradesh_Labour_Welfare_Fund_Rules.pdf (193 KB)

1 Like