Is Paid leave applicable for employee hired on contract of 1 year?

Hello Team,

We are hiring a candidate on a contract of 1 year. So would like to know the following info

1. Is the contract employee eligible to avail of the Paid Leaves?
  2. How many Paid Leaves can be granted over the period of 1 year or per month?

Kindly share your inputs so that the correct system can be followed.

Thank you
Nisha Patel

1 Like

On contract role, employees can get only paid sick leave. 1 sick leave each month which gets lapsed upon 1 year even if the contract is renewed incase.

1 Like

Thank you @Deba . Any other benefit is applicable like paid time off or something similar?

1 Like

Team,

Yes contract employee eligible for no my sick leave I.e. 1. Leave pee month.

If the company policy doesn’t support this they did not eligible for the same. Some co.alnies as the contractor to take volunteer sick leave at the end of the year I.e. December (as USA companies holidays season on account of Christmas)

2 Likes

No, for contract work no other benefits are given. Only if he/she is hired in permanent position then all the facilities will be given

2 Likes

good morning all

Please call me as soon as possible .I need to tak only Hindi so please take care of it .

Hello

Thank you for the response. However, for calling will need your contact no. So please share the same.

Regards
Nisha Patel

1 Like

Hi,

Is sandwich rule applicable for LOP’s or only for EL

1 Like

Hi Team,

If we hire a consultant and not a contract employee then also the same leave structure will be applicable?

i.e He/She will be providing us the consultancy for a period of 11/12 months.

Please guide.

Thank you

1 Like

Yes , the same implies to a consultant too.

2 Likes

Hi
The sandwich rule is applicable to all the leaves. However, it also depends on the organization like they want to apply to all leave type or only specific leave.

Regards
Nisha Patel

1 Like

Dear Greythr

SL , CL , PL OR C.OFF AND ALSO SANDWICH CONSIDER

1 Like

Hope you are referring to Fixed term contract (FTC).

The code on social security has come up with a definition (new codes are not yet implemented but it will eventually)

Also sharing a detailed paper by Legal Firm, Nishith Desai Associates on FTC.

So once the new codes are in place, FTCs are also eligible for same set of benefits -i.e people working in similar roles irrespectrive of FTC or Permanent.

So suggest to seek expert legal advice on the topic before hiring.

2 Likes