Mandatory Licenses

Our company established in the year 2019 and having offices in Telangana, Karnataka, Maharastra and Tamilnadu. We have taken Labour License in Telangana, PF & ESIC. Still what type of licenses we need to take. Please help.


As an employer operating in multiple states in India, in addition to the labor license, PF (Provident Fund), and ESIC (Employee State Insurance Corporation), there may be additional licenses or registrations that you need to consider based on the specific requirements of each state. Here are some other licenses/registrations you may need to obtain:

  1. Professional Tax Registration: Professional tax is a state-specific tax levied on individuals who are engaged in any profession, trade, or employment. Each state has its own professional tax regulations, and you may need to obtain professional tax registration in each state where you have operations.
  2. Shops and Establishments Act Registration: This registration is governed by the respective state’s Shops and Establishments Act. It is mandatory for every office, shop, or commercial establishment to obtain this registration. The registration process may vary across states, and you will need to comply with the requirements of each state where you have offices.
  3. State-specific Registrations: Some states may have additional registrations or licenses specific to their jurisdiction. For example, Karnataka has the Karnataka Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, and Maharashtra has the Maharashtra Shops and Establishments Act. You may need to check the requirements of each state to ensure compliance with their specific regulations.
  4. GST Registration: Goods and Services Tax (GST) registration is required for businesses involved in the supply of goods or services. It is a pan-India registration, and if your company’s annual turnover exceeds the prescribed threshold limit, GST registration is mandatory.

Please note that the requirements may vary based on the nature of your business and the specific regulations of each state. It is recommended to consult with a legal professional or a qualified chartered accountant who specializes in labor laws and compliance to ensure that you have obtained all the necessary licenses and registrations specific to your company’s operations in each state. They will be able to provide you with accurate guidance based on your specific circumstances and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.