We have started a new Pvt. Ltd company. We need guidance how to register this company under ESI and EPF
Usually, if you have done the registration through the SPICE scheme, all these registrations including GST come bundled with this.Assuming you haven’t , here are the steps for registrations:
ESI Registration Procedure: Documents Required
The following documents are required for registering under the ESI scheme:
- A registration certificate or a license obtained under Shops and Establishment Act or Factories Act;
- Certificate of registration (Memorandum and Articles of Association in case of a private limited company, partnership deed for LLPs, etc);
- Certificate of registration for all entities and commencement of production for factories;
- A list of employees with their monthly compensation, in detail;
- A list of directors, partners and shareholders of the company;
- The PAN card of the business and address proof of the establishment/firm;
- Bank statements of the organization, with evidence of commencement of operation.
ESI Registration Procedure: Steps Involved
- Once the documents are ready, the company can apply for registration by submitting the Employer’s Registration Form (Form-1).
- A PDF format of the form is available on the website. Fill in the form and submit it to ESIC for registration on the official website.
- Once verified, a registration number, a 17-digit unique identity will be provided to the organization. The ESI filings can be done once you receive the 17-digit number.
- Employees registered under the scheme get an ESI card after submitting a form with photographs and details of family members.
- Although the registration is permanent, and the number is valid for the lifetime of the company, any new changes, such as employee additions, need to be intimated to the ESI.
- To register the organisation, the employer will need to visit the EPFO portal, which is https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php and click on the option that says, ‘Establishment Registration’.
- Clicking on ‘Establishment Registration’ will lead you to the next page, which is https://registration.shramsuvidha.gov.in/user/register, where the manual can be downloaded. The user manual must be read completely by a new user before registration.
- Click on ‘Sign Up’ Button.
- Clicking on ‘Sign Up’ will ask for the Name, Email, Mobile Number, and Verification Code to be filled. After these details are filled, click on ‘SIGN UP’ to create your account.
- There will be an option called ‘Registration For EPFO-ESIC’.
- The next page will give you an option called ‘Apply for New Registration’. Clicking on that will give two options called ‘Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948’ and ‘Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1952’, which can be checked and then click on the ‘Submit’ button
- This leads you to a page where the details of the employer such as Establishment Details, eContacts, Contact Persons, Identifiers, Employment Details, Particulars of workers, Branch/Division, Activities, and Attachments are mentioned. All mandatory details that must be filled under each section are displayed with a red asterisk.
- The summary of the registration form can be viewed on the dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit the registration.
- This is followed by the employer’s Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) registration. For a fresh EPF registration application, DSC registration is mandatory.
- On completion of DSC registration, you will receive an email from Shram Suvidha with a confirmation that the registration has been completed.
Documents Required for EPF Registration Online
Employers are expected to furnish certain documents as proof in order to successfully register EPF. A list of below documents are required for online EPF Registration
- Copy of partnership deed if the company is a registered partnership firm
- A copy of the Certificate of incorporation for a Public or Private Limited Company. This should be issued by the Registrar of Companies
- Societies should furnish a copy of their registration certificate
- Public and Private Limited Companies need to submit a copy of memorandum and Articles of Association
- Societies should furnish a copy of the rules and objects of the society
- All legal documents which might be required under the Income Tax Act
- PAN details of company
- Partition deed
- Proof of incorporation – first sales invoice/ license issued by competent authorities
- Salary details of employees
- Balance sheet details
- PF statement and salary
- Number of employees that have worked for the organisation for the month
- In case the organisation has registered for GST, the certificate must be submitted
- First sale bill
- Cross cancelled cheque
- Bank details such as name, branch, IFSC code, and address of the bank
- Machinery and raw material purchased for the first time
Feel free to write back for any guidance.
I have earlier read a similar post here: I have a startup. How can I register for PF, ESI, PT & IT?
Check Bhuvana Anand’s reply.
Hope it helps.