ESIC, PF for different branches in INDIA

esic and PF registration require for each state if company having several branches in India?

4 Likes

Hi @Nilesh

Not necessarily until and unless mandated. If your establishment is having a different cost centre and wanted to have a secondary unit it might be a good choice.

Have attached a file that could be of help for you.PF Compliance Multiple Units.pdf (908.7 KB)

2 Likes

ESIC - Separate Subcode to be generated as per Area wise then only Employees will be able to take Medical benefit @ ESIC hospitals in respective state.

PF - Not needed

5 Likes

Thanks for your guidance

3 Likes

Hello,

I need a help. We have an establishment in Gujarat. (All employees are above 21000 INR Salary so no ESIC)
Now we are opening another branch in Maharashtra (Salary Range will be 15k to 22k) We will setup in co-working space.

1. Do I need to take new PF registration in Maharashtra? We prefer only 1.
  2. Do I need new ESIC registration in Maharashtra or Gujarat?
  3. Do I need Professional Tax of Maharashtra or Gujarat?
  4. Any other registration to be done?

I have seen the PDF given by @Dinesh . But I need answers in simple terms.

@Ankit , @Nilesh

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi Nehal,

If registered branch is in Maharashtra or any state then ESIC code code has to opt and PF is central act so you can add new employee in existing company PF account. Kindly find as below remarks.

1. Do I need to take new PF registration in Maharashtra? We prefer only 1.- No need to opt
  2. Do I need new ESIC registration in Maharashtra or Gujarat?- You have to opt new sub code
  3. Do I need Professional Tax of Maharashtra or Gujarat?- Need to be opt PT registration as per MAH state
    Regards

Jitendra singh

2 Likes

Hi,

Does any compliance and law talks about incentive to Interns?

1 Like
  1. No need of new registration
    2.You can go with ESI registration of Gujarat
    3.Professional tax of either of the local self governments
    4.Local self government registration, Shops and commercial establishment registration.
    Thank you
2 Likes

Dear Nehal,

For PF you can continue with PF Code allotted to your Establishment in Gujarat provided said PF Number is not obtained under Section 2(A) of the Act.

With regards to ESI, you need to obtain ESI Sub Code Number by using credentials of your main ESI Code Number.

Since Profession Tax is State specific Act, you need to obtain both PTEC & PTRC Number.

In addition to above Registration under Maharashtra Labour Welfare Fund is required to be obtained.

Regards,
Pankaj Savla
98212 62351

2 Likes

Hi ,

My comments below.

Hello,

I need a help. We have an establishment in Gujarat. (All employees are above 21000 INR Salary so no ESIC)- Yes need to take registration and file NIL return as ESIC state compliance.
Now we are opening another branch in Maharashtra (Salary Range will be 15k to 22k) We will setup in co-working space.

1. Do I need to take new PF registration in Maharashtra? We prefer only 1.

No need to take another registration as it was Central govt compliance.

2 Likes

Thank you @Habeeb, @Jite @Pankaj1 , @sureshbusam :grinning:

1 Like

An Intern is an employee if you are paying them. Thus all laws applicable to the former are applicable.
No issues are generated if there is no salary and the incentives are paid not monthly
Such a specific law has not been heard of.
Thank you

1 Like