PF Transfer Unresolved for 2+ years. Urgent Help Required. Stressed out!

My transfer of Provident Fund is held up because of an error in crediting to EPS. Despite multiple attempts to rectify it with my previous employer, it’s been nearly two years with no resolution. Each time I follow up, they claim it’s still in process. It’s hard to believe it should take this long. I spent 6.5 years at my previous job and have been with my current one for 2.5 years. How can I resolve this? It’s becoming increasingly stressful. :frowning_face:

I’ve heard that if the PF amount isn’t transferred within a certain timeframe, the government may take it. :roll_eyes: Is that accurate? Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

5 Likes

Hi @arshamercy ,

I’m sorry to hear about the frustration you’re experiencing with your Provident Fund transfer. It’s understandable that this situation is causing you stress. Let’s break down your concerns and address them one by one:

1. Delay in EPS Crediting:

It’s concerning that there’s been a delay of nearly two years in rectifying the error in crediting to EPS (Employee Pension Scheme). Since multiple attempts to resolve the issue with your previous employer have been unsuccessful, it’s time to escalate the matter further.

Steps to Take:

• Contact EPFO: Reach out directly to the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) to explain your situation. Provide them with all relevant details, including your PF account number, previous employer details, and any communication you’ve had regarding the issue.
  • File a Complaint: If necessary, file a formal complaint with the EPFO Grievance Cell. They will investigate the matter and take appropriate action to resolve the issue.
  • Legal Assistance: Consider seeking legal assistance if the EPFO’s response is unsatisfactory. A legal expert can provide guidance on your rights and options for recourse.

2. Concerns About Government Intervention:

Regarding your concern about the government potentially taking the PF amount if not transferred within a certain timeframe, it’s essential to clarify this misconception.

Clarification:

• The government does not seize PF amounts due to delays in transfer. Your PF funds are legally yours, and the EPFO is responsible for ensuring they are transferred appropriately.

Hope that helps.

5 Likes

Thank you, Chitra for your suggestions and clarifications! This really helps a lot.

1 Like