- Looking for detailed process of how to avail esic maternity benefits?
- If employee takes leave before 8 weeks of delivery date when salary expected to be credited in account?
Maternity Benefits under the ESI Act, for confinement/pregnancy is payable for Twenty Six (26) weeks, which is extendable by further one month on medical advice at the rate of full wage subject to contribution for 70 days in the preceding Two Contribution Periods.
It is payable to an Insured Woman in the following cases subject to contributory conditions:-
- Confinement-payable for a period of 12 weeks (84 days) on production of Form 21 and 23.
- Miscarriage or Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP)-payable for 26 weeks (182 days) from the date following miscarriage-on the basis of Form 20 and 23.
- Sickness arising out of Pregnancy, Confinement, Premature birth-payable for a period not exceeding one month-on the basis of Forms 8, 10 and 9.
- In the event of the death of the Insured Woman during confinement leaving behind a child, Maternity Benefit is payable to her nominee on production of Form 24 (B).
- Maternity benefit rate is 100% of average daily wages.
As the claimant’s pregnancy is confirmed, she has to notify the HR and subsequently the relevant forms and compliances kick in.