[30min’ greytribe LIVE] on “Maternity Leave and Benefits; solutions, answers & clarifications”; 5:00PM to 5:30PM, 30th June 2022

Hello Soyirindhi,

Please guide:-

Will the employee be able to use the allocated paid sick leave and/or earned leave immediately following their paid time off?

Maternity benefit rate is 100% of average daily wages.

2 Likes

Yes, they can take any other categories of paid leave or sick leaves if the organization has a policy.

2 Likes

Hi There,

Are the employees entitled to bonus and incentives for the duration of maternity leave?

Yes, employees are entitled to bonus and incentives. there should be no discrimination to women employees because of maternity, adoption leaves etc.

3 Likes

Hi, if the company is unable to pay maternity benefits. Is that advisable, if the company advises its women employee to resign the job for maternity period and join again after 3 or 6 months as an new employee? Will that be ok?

Thank you so much Ms. Soyirindhi Hore.

@soyirindhi (especially extending to address so our user queries after the scheduled session time) You are awesome!

It was very informative and knowledgeable for all of us. It was a great session of abundance of knowledge on “Maternity Leave and Benefits”. Thank you for making an amazing experience for our members.

Community members, In case there are any unanswered questions please post it in the thread or in the community directly, our experts will guide you with your doubts.

Thanks to each and everyone who attended, liked and viewed the session.

So we are coming to a close to this edition of LIVE discussion with the expert on the greytHR community. This thread will always be available for reference.

Closing now. See you LIVE soon!

Thanks for the session arranged. It was very useful.

1 Like

If you can voluntarily convince the employee to join early and give her benefits and ease of working. It won’t overpass the maternity act if the employee joins back early. If I think this legally.

Hi,

this was not answered can anyone help me on this.

i had raised this request earlier but there was no response on my query

I had a query regarding one benefit, ESi maternity benefit. if the employee goes through Esi the employee will be paid the salary from ESI. what about the employee who has Insurance benefit how will they get salary all through there maternity leave.

Thanks and Regards
Shruthi

Hi, thanks for your clarification.

Can you advise on the eligibility to avail these maternity benefits?

Hi Shruti,

I presume you are referring to employees covered under Group Mediclaim Insurance. Please note that Mediclaim insurance is not a substitute for ESI. While for employees covered under ESI, the maternity benefit is paid by ESIC, for non-ESI employees, the Company is liable to pay the Maternity Benefit (full salary) to employees during the period of Maternity leave. There is no other option available to employers.

Regards
deepa

The employee who come under the ambit of ESI maternity benefit, will be paid as per the ESI rules.

If the employee do not fall in this bracket, she is entitled for the claim under the Maternity Benefit Act.

The female employee has to be working for 80 days in the same company before asking for maternity leave. And no other constraint or eligibility needed.